The Zimbabwe Organic Natural Food Association (ZONFA) is inviting interested chicken farmers to subscribe for the organically-raised broiler contract farming programme. Zonfa is assuring farmers of a ready market provided the chickens are raised organically – free from antibiotics or medicated feed.
How to Qualify for Contract Farming:
- one should have gone through training by ZONFA covering areas on raising organic broiler chickens and poultry bio-security systems and safety.
- minimum number of birds per site is 100.
- adherence to stipulated rules and regulations
- a pre-acceptance audit to be done by Zonfa to ascertain compliance.
- details of costs/payment structures to be provided to people meeting the minimum requirements.
What ZONFA will do:
- train and contract farmers nationwide to raise broilers organically.
- supply all natural poultry supplements, probiotics and non-medicated feed.
- marketing – Zonfa has secured a distributor hence market is guaranteed.
Happy chicken farming!